It is August, it is cold and rainy, and I have finally succumbed to a cold that has been threatening for days! I am feeling miserable and winter is getting me down.
As I pulled into the driveway after school drop off today, there was a rainbow right above my house. The familiar faded colours of hope, shining despite the clouds. And I thought it is time for a little list.
So here is a little list of things I am looking forward to:
- the soup I am going to make for dinner tonight
- date night with Mr for his birthday
- an upcoming extended family holiday to celebrate significant birthdays
- snuggling on the sofa and watching movies, because I’m sick (gotta find a silver lining)
- Some catch ups with old friends
- my first creative retreat
- Christmas (because I always look forward to Christmas and it’s closer than you think)
- my next writer’s retreat
- The lemon tea, that I will have when I finish this blog post
What about you? Are you finding that winter is getting you down? Do you need to find some things to look forward to?
Write a little list. I have found a little hope goes a long way.
Now lemon tea,