gather and grow

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend a gather and grow with Amanda Viviers. An introverted group of writers gathered around the table. All of us came with no clue if we knew anyone or not. All of us came with a desire to learn and an open heart to growth.  And so this reticent group slowly and quietly … Continue reading gather and grow

five years and 250 posts later … what this journey is teaching me

When I started writing this blog in May 2010, My eldest was 9 months old. And I started writing in order to have a moment to myself, a moment of reflection and contemplation. I had two readers at that stage, Mr and my sister. And I was quite happy with that! Now when I started … Continue reading five years and 250 posts later … what this journey is teaching me

actually it’s not all about me on Mother’s day

I have had a wonderful Mother's Day, being thoroughly spoilt by my girls (with quite a lot of assistance from Mr). I have enjoyed celebrating with my church family, and my mum and I'm looking forward to celebrating with my mother-in-law this evening. But something about all this praise and focus on me is bugging … Continue reading actually it’s not all about me on Mother’s day